Monday, June 4, 2012

Little Miss’ pillowcase tutorial…

I had someone ask me for measurements for Little Miss’ pillowcase on her bed, so I’m going to share that with everyone!!  It was really easy to make.
DSC_0026
The white background fabric center is 22 1/2 x 17 1/2 inches.  Next I sewed the two sides of polka dot fabric which are 3 x 17 1/2. (I used 1/4 inch seams)  Then add two more polka dot fabric strips on the top and bottom measuring 3 x 27 1/2 inches.  Pin ric rac on seam of with and polka dot fabric (2 1/2 yards will give you enough) turning the corners by just folding the ric rac.  Sew jumbo ric rac with invisible or red thread. Cut a contrasting piece of fabric for the back of the pillowcase, 21 1/2 x 27 1/2 fabric. Sew to front of pillowcase right sides together.
DSC_0030
Cut on the bias a 2 1/2 by 45*inch (*a little extra to play with)strip to be used for the binding. Pin and sew right sides together.  Top stitch the binding so it will lay nice and flat.
DSC_0031
It’s the perfect compliment to my PB Inspired quilt!!
339
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. I just love the quilt and the pillow! So sweet and perfect for a little girl. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I am Alesha from Blessed to be a Blessing. I'm one of the co-hosts from the Summer Fun Carnival. I wanted to make sure that I am following all of you before we really get into this thing! I'm really excited to work with you, to possibly have you guest post, and to get to know you this summer!
    Alesha <3
    http://www.tobless.blogspot.com
    P.S. This is so adorable for any little girl! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello I am Shirley one of the co host form the Summer Fun Carnival party. I am your newest follower. Looking forward to working with you this summer

    Motivated Mommy of Two

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore the colors and patterns that you used for the pillow and the quilt! You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow..that looks beautiful!! I realize now that I have zero talent.
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
    thanks for hosting...fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your comments, I love hearing from you and I love new followers!