Saturday, August 11, 2012

Sew and Show Saturday—#12. Pocket Full of Posies...

This quilt of my mom’s is one that is very memorable to me.  It was the one that was always on the end of my mom's bed when I would come to visit during the first year of Justin's life.  It became the backdrop for several of his baby pictures!! Now when I visit my mom and see it, it brings back a flood of sweet baby memories of him!!
I have to say I always love a good nine-patch quilt and the applique flowers in-between are a great way to break up the pattern and add more interest.
DSC_0063
My mom hand quilted this one with dark colored thread and it contrasts the white background so nicely!
DSC_0064
DSC_0065
It is such a striking quilt, I love it!!
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I have always loved this pattern, I think I have it is in Barbara Brandenburg book. This is the first I have seen made up. Love, it, love it, love it, what a treasure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your comments, I love hearing from you and I love new followers!